Monday, July 26, 2010

Happiness comes from the strangest of things...!

It was just any other day... But I just HAD to meet someone. I mean I really HAD to!

A very overwhelming feeling actually all this "HAD TO" business. I did not know what to make of it except meet the person in question. To my luck, the person (lets call him X)... X's cell phone was switched off. The coupla dozen messages that I texted him did not reach him and I ended up waiting for over two hours in a parking lot just staring at my cell phone and willing the messages with my mind to reach him (which obviously did not happen!).

As I was waiting in the parking lot, an old lady came up to me asking me if I wanted to buy something from her. Something about her struck me as very familiar. I could not figure out what it was. She told me that she had been walking from early morning to reach home and that she did not have money to even take a bus for the rest of the journey back home. Then it suddenly struck me. She looked like my grandmother. For a moment I was at a loss as to what to say.

Then she told me that I looked like I was someone familiar. What a telepathic connection indeed!
I just shrugged it off and gave her a 20 buck note and asked her to take a bus home. She just smiled and told me "Your grandmother must be really proud of you. Be happy in life. My blessings are with you."

On a day when everything was going wrong, an old lady whose name I do not know blessed me and went on her way. A little kindness goes such a long way. It warms the heart and and forms an unknown connection with the rest of the world.

As said rightly by Seneca, (a really ancient Roman philosopher from the mid-1st century or so), "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness", I, today found it to be very, very true.

Moral of the story: It need not be that every stranger has to be treated like one.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment